Health Care, HIPAA, and Messaging
Webinar Date: May 14, 2019
Day of Week | Tuesday
TIME: 2:00PM ET | 11:00AM PT
Messaging is the essential communications medium for health care for both communications between staff members, and increasingly between providers and patients. It’s also complex, with privacy, archiving, and integration all being key considerations. These issues are critical for hospitals, medical practices, and home health care providers. In a recent article in Health Care IT News, SMS was named as “The digital health tool of the century.”
There is an incredible revenue opportunity for channel partners, agents, MSPs and integrators who provide services to the medical industry when they add messaging to their portfolio. It’s not unusual to find messaging revenues at 200% or more of traditional voice revenues. However, HIPAA and other regulatory compliance issues can make deployment into this market particularly difficult. While secure OTT messaging can be deployed for inter-staff communication, the complexity increases when patients and in-home health care workers start using these technologies to communicate with hospitals, doctors, and their staffs. Questions also arise when the patient sends a text or photo to a medical professional. While the message the patient sends is not subject to HIPAA, the reply may be. In this case, there has to be a mechanism for the clinician to receive the message over an open channel but respond over a secure channel.
This webinar will review the technology and high-level regulatory requirements when providing messaging and other communications services to the medical industry. Health care organizations of all types are seeking solutions and best practices that are effective for communications, yet compliant with applicable regulatory requirements.
What you will learn:
- Using SMS texting in compliance with HIPAA and other regulatory issues.
- SMS and messaging use cases that are considered compliant with HIPAA.
- Why Secure Messaging is essential for any health care organization of any size.
- What to look for in a Secure Messaging solution.
- Patient Messaging: Consumers expect messaging to be simple and deliver the information they need. It also has to be efficient for health care organizations and fit into the emerging models for value-based care (and revenue generating for health care companies)
Who Should attend:
Channel partners, MSPs, CSPs, VARs and agents that want to distinguish themselves to businesses that work in healthcare.